The War for the Atlas a few days ago has been released, we are happy for the majority of players. But for the vast majority of game beginners, they may not understand the game too much. Therefore, we will explain the buffs & debuffs in Path of Exile.
- Charges grant stackable bonuses. By default, a character can have three of each charge, but the maximum number of charges can be increased. There are also certain skills that consume charges and skills that gain additional bonuses to charges.
- Endurance charge – Grants 4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge, 4% to all Elemental Resistances per Endurance Charge.
- Frenzy charge – Grants 4% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge, 4% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge, 4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge.
- Power charge – Grants 40% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge.
- Ailments are a secondary effect that is applied on hit and has its effect scales with the type of damage associated with it. Damaging ailments have a separate damage modifier and critical strike multiplier and scale off the base damage of the hit.
- Fire, cold, and lightning damage each have an element ailment associated with them. The non-damaging ailments have their effect proportional to the percentage of life the elemental damage did. There are passives and items that grant a chance to apply these efects, and will always be applied on critical strike.
- Ignite – Deals a damage over time that deals 160% of Fire damage dealt from the hit that applied it over 4 seconds. Comes from Fire damage.
- Chill – Slows down animation speed. Chill is always applied with Cold damage.
- Frozen – Effectively a stun. Frozen enemies shatter when they die, leaving no corpse behind. Comes from Cold damage.
- Shock – Target takes increased damage. Comes from Lightning damage.
These ailments aren’t automatically applies on critical strike, only certain skills and item bonuses will apply these.
- Bleed – Deals damage over time equal to 70% of the Physical damage dealt from the attack that applied it per second for 5 seconds. While moving, bleed deals triple the damage per second.
- Poison – Deals 40% of the damage dealt from Physical and Chaos damage that applied it over 2 seconds in Chaos Damage. Poison can stack multiple times, and each stack has a separate 2 second timer.
- Curses are powerful debuffs with varying effects, such as reduced elemental resistances, granting the attacker life and mana leech, and so on. However, only one Curse can be applied at a time, but this can be increased through a notable passive and some unique items.
- Stuns are handled differently from other ARPGs. Instead of applying it for a set time, its length depends on the stun duration modifier.
- When you play you’ll notice that your attacks interrupt enemies (or vice versa), which is actually considered a stun; the default duration is 350 ms.
We will continue to bring you beginners guides and the cheapest PoE Xbox One Orbs.